17 Jun 2013

Monday, 17th June 2013




I have seen the UL and DUL of NTU Library. I learnt much about the library and its location. I was introduced to BSD and was given the power point slides. I learnt the main functions of BSD, the various kinds of library materials, delivery route for library materials hard cover binding of Chinese paperback books and preservation boxes for Chinese rare books. I have learnt more about OCLC, and now understand the function of WorldCat as an international database for various libraries to share MARC records.

The NTU Library is a member of OCLC and hence is able to do copy and original cataloguing in WorldCat. OCLC uses Connexion (Window based Client Version) as a cataloguing utility via subscription to SILAS (Singapore Integrated Library Automation Services). BSD uses macros in OCLC Connexion.

No comments:

Post a Comment